Friday, June 20, 2014

Five Minute Fridays: Release



Well, here it is another Friday.  I've only linked up once before, I think, cuz I can't seem to remember how and EVERY Friday is too much for this old gal.  But today it is release.

Release.  I am surprised that this is the theme this week.  But really I shouldn't be.  I simply LOVE to see God work things together in my heart before I realize He is there working.

You see, just today, as I was praying over many things, and many people I try to remind Him to take notice of, I was moved to release.

Release the worry about whether the VBS drama I am in charge of will work out okay or not.

Release the fear that the grumpies I experienced yesterday with my fussy ggirl will raise its ugly head next week when I'm trying to be an example to my ggirls and my actors.

Release the fear that The Pain will raise its ugly head and try to thwart God through me!

For all these things have come in the past.  All these things have come and God has always shown up.  And all has been as He desires it to be.

I know I love when He pushes me to my limits, physically, emotional and spiritually, then when I can't hold on any longer, He pries my fingers loose.  And when I free-fall, He is there beneath me (above me, around me, and always IN ME!) to carry the weight.

Release.  It does my soul good.

So join me with your 5 minutes of from the hip writing!

Five Minute Friday

http://lisajobaker.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/5minutefriday.jpg

2 comments:

  1. Peggy, thank you so much for your encouraging comment on my "The Grip of Expectations" post. Yes, time with the Lord is SO key to maintaining His perspective and surrendering my weaknesses to be made new by His strength. And I love your take here on the word "release" and the practical ways we can put our trust in God. Bless you this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Becky. Kind of exciting to have you post here as I get few posts. Teehee.

    ReplyDelete