Tuesday, September 30, 2014

What I learned in September

I'm joining my other blogger friends in seeing IF I learned anything this month.  No wait, they did for sure.  Me?  We'll see.

1.  I definitely prefer to be comfortable rather than fashionable.  Don't believe me?  Check out the denim capris I've been rocking (Oh, I wish) this cooler days.

2.  Okay, taking a pic of myself in a mirror when its cloudy out doesn't really work.  All for the best.  From this selfie you can't really see that these are elastic waist jeans capris.  Totally grandma 101, right?  But at least I can breath.

3.  Prayer is awesome.  I did already know this, but sometimes I am reminded of it again.  Awesome!

4.  I can clean my house in a few hours on an off day (I normally do cleaning on Mondays) to be ready for Bible study hosting.  Toilet and sink clean.  Floors scrubbing or swept.  Living room vacuumed.  Thankfully my flock members don't notice its still dusty or that there are a few stray toys under things.

5.  Don't lock the screen door during a night football game when Hubby is gone.  Learned this the hard way.  I know I debated whether to lock the screen door at all as the evening wore on and the lights came up in the house, but I do feel a little safer with it locked.  Until I get 2 phone calls back to back (I didn't answer the first one.) at 12:07 a.m.  I answer worried that Hubby is in the hospital or something, "What's wrong?"  I hear "the door's locked" and think (say?) "Yeah.  So."  When I open the door Hubby waits.  I wait.  Why is he not coming in?  Then he rattles the screen door.  Oh.  I unlock it and turn around and head back to sweet sleep.



6.  If grandgirls watch you do something, like turn the computer monitor back on or off, they will never forget and you won't be able to keep them out of the computer.  (If the screen is black they think, or used to, that the computer is off.)  Now what?

7.  If you get WiFi at your house you will never, ever know the password.  I mean, come on, that was months if not years ago that we set it up!  Am I to remember everything?

8.  On a more serious note, The Pain loves the change in the weather.  This has been a particularly rough Summer to Fall transition.  The Pain has raised its ugly head and I am nearly defeated.

9.  Did I mention that prayer is awesome!  And The Pain does not like it.  awesome.

Okay, so I can't come up with ten things.  I hope these things that I've realized are things I've learned, otherwise I may be repeating them in a list yet to come.

How about you?  Have you learned anything lately?


No comments:

Post a Comment